Ratanon

Discussion for all topics (until the forum becomes large enough to justify splitting things up this will be where all topics go)
greenrd

Re: Ratanon

Post by greenrd » Wed May 31, 2017 9:15 pm

Another reason I don't frequent imageboards, is that anonymity is harder than it looks. You can probably get away with posting the word "the" via Tor, but anything more risks you being unmasked. If not now, by an AI in future.

ratanon420

Post by ratanon420 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:56 am

Well, it's a good thing that no one particularly cares about who you are!

(General you, of course. No insult intended.)

theojones
Site Admin

Post by theojones » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:42 am

cactus head wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 12:51 pm
In my opinion, the real rabbit hole is that we image board shit posters inhabit the land of the living just like y'all guys.

On that topic, what do you think of that dragon army thing that everyone's shit posting about? I have to admit that it appeals to me a little bit, even as I think that the criticisms make sense. I would like to have tried that one week dry run experiment that the OP ran.
I generally have misgivings about it (along the lines of what Scott and Ozy posted on Tumblr). I also share some of the concerns of some of the people in the LW thread that if it fails it may fail visibly enough to damage the reputation of the community as a whole.

Vulture

Post by Vulture » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:20 am

theojones wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:42 am
cactus head wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 12:51 pm
In my opinion, the real rabbit hole is that we image board shit posters inhabit the land of the living just like y'all guys.

On that topic, what do you think of that dragon army thing that everyone's shit posting about? I have to admit that it appeals to me a little bit, even as I think that the criticisms make sense. I would like to have tried that one week dry run experiment that the OP ran.
I generally have misgivings about it (along the lines of what Scott and Ozy posted on Tumblr). I also share some of the concerns of some of the people in the LW thread that if it fails it may fail visibly enough to damage the reputation of the community as a whole.
Shouldn't this get its own thread? I'm sure plenty of people would like to talk about DAB, but how will they know where to spew their fire (as it were) when it's buried in here?
Let's try to make this a place where we can choose not to assign moral valence to empirical claims.

Anon729

Post by Anon729 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:28 am

ratanon420 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 6:19 am
I have made this topic simply to inform you that a bbs is a worse way to organize a forum than an imageboard. If you'd like to try out an imageboard, why not take a trip over to /ratanon/?
Why did you nuke the board with no warning and make it unusable? It was a rude thing to do.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:11 pm

Anon729 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:28 am
ratanon420 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 6:19 am
I have made this topic simply to inform you that a bbs is a worse way to organize a forum than an imageboard. If you'd like to try out an imageboard, why not take a trip over to /ratanon/?
Why did you nuke the board with no warning and make it unusable? It was a rude thing to do.
The board was reassigned a month ago, so it was probably someone else. It's reassigned again now.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:11 pm.