Ratanon

Discussion for all topics (until the forum becomes large enough to justify splitting things up this will be where all topics go)
ratanon420

Ratanon

Post by ratanon420 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:19 am

I have made this topic simply to inform you that a bbs is a worse way to organize a forum than an imageboard. If you'd like to try out an imageboard, why not take a trip over to /ratanon/?

cactus head

Re: Ratanon

Post by cactus head » Tue May 16, 2017 6:53 am

I started posting on /ratanon/, stopped, and started posting on other 8ch boards. Maybe I'll post on /ratanon/ again. Thanks for reminding me.

ratanon420

Post by ratanon420 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:53 am

No problem. We mostly have bitter, disillusioned shitposters, so we'll be glad to have more of your earnest, delightful type around!

While I have your attention, I'd like to thank you for allowing posting by people who haven't registered on this forum, as it makes my day slightly easier!

Vulture

Post by Vulture » Tue May 16, 2017 3:17 pm

Have people started posting anything on /ratanon/ other than stalkerish psychosexual discussions about Scott?
Let's try to make this a place where we can choose not to assign moral valence to empirical claims.

Multiheaded

Post by Multiheaded » Mon May 22, 2017 11:00 am

gr8 b8 m8, I r8 approxim8ly 14/88

greenrd

Post by greenrd » Mon May 29, 2017 3:56 pm

I personally don't frequent imageboards. Too many icky anons, like fascists, racists, paedophiles, and racist fascist paedophiles. And edgelords pretending to be those things.

They can be very funny though.

archon

Post by archon » Tue May 30, 2017 2:41 am

greenrd wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 3:56 pm
I personally don't frequent imageboards. Too many icky anons, like fascists, racists, paedophiles, and racist fascist paedophiles. And edgelords pretending to be those things.

They can be very funny though.
I second this. Icky anons indeed.
"Don't be silly -- if we were meant to evolve naturally, why would God have given us subdermal implants?"

liskantope

Post by liskantope » Tue May 30, 2017 8:19 am

Ugh. I've remained mostly unexposed to darker rabbit holes of the internet, but I guess even if I stick only to the rationalist community I'll wind up getting a peek every now and then. It's not like I wasn't warned by your above comments. :?

cactus head

Post by cactus head » Tue May 30, 2017 12:51 pm

In my opinion, the real rabbit hole is that we image board shit posters inhabit the land of the living just like y'all guys.

On that topic, what do you think of that dragon army thing that everyone's shit posting about? I have to admit that it appeals to me a little bit, even as I think that the criticisms make sense. I would like to have tried that one week dry run experiment that the OP ran.

dylygs

Post by dylygs » Tue May 30, 2017 6:42 pm

cactus head wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 12:51 pm
On that topic, what do you think of that dragon army thing that everyone's shit posting about? I have to admit that it appeals to me a little bit, even as I think that the criticisms make sense. I would like to have tried that one week dry run experiment that the OP ran.
I think it's a good idea, and that overall the rationality community has the intellect but lacks the discipline to realize any of our large, long-term goals (myself included at the moment). I think this is a step in the right direction, and I would also have at least joined that dry-run experiment as well.

I also think it's probably not going to go well the first time, and will need quite a lot of refinement. If people involved can stick with it, it could actually be one of the turning points in our little community.

I've read a bit about the OP's history (mostly from his blog) and it seems like he has the ability to run this sort of thing if anyone does; we'll see how it goes.